Monday, May 23, 2011

THE BEST COLD WATER CAN DO

(The following joke is posted all over the internet and yet the way I heard it isn't quite the way I've seen it posted so I'm attempting to tell it the way I remember it)


 A man was traveling through the wilderness for days and needed a place to rest. He spotted a cabin in the woods. Went to the door and knocked. An elderly man and his dog came to the door.  The Traveler said; " Sir I've been traveling for days and haven't had any rest, might I stay here for a little while?"  "Why certainly" said the old man  " Come right on in. I'll heat up some potatoes and eggs, I'll bet your hungry" I sure am that" said the travelor "and I'm mighty obliged" "Oh that's okay" said the old man. "have a seat". The old man set the table. The traveler couldn't help but notice that there was something on the plate. He didn't want to be ignorant but he went ahead and mentioned. Sir there appears to be something on this here plate" The old man said; "Oh that's okay it's only the best cold water can do and it won't hurt ya" As he served up the food. The travelor ate the food and thanked the man: "Thank you so very much for your kind hospitality. Now let me repay you by washing your dishes for you"  With that the old man replied; "Oh no that won't be neccesary" The old man whistled and called: Here cold water, Here cold water and set the dirty dishes down on the floor.  With that the traveler had to pick his chin off the floor. Watching the dog who's name by the way is  "Cold Water" Lick the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment